{image_alt}

Sanborn Map Company, Insurance Maps, Washington, D.C. 1888

Sixth and G Streets, NW

Adas Israel’s first synagogue in Washington, D.C., built in 1876, originally stood at 619 6th Street, NW. This 1888 insurance map shows the location in the upper left-hand corner, and this view of the 500 block of G Street, NW (circa 1905) shows the building’s relationship to the Pension Building, now the National Building Museum.