{image_alt}

Courtesy of Adas Israel Congregation

Dedication

The building’s dedication ceremony was held on June 9, 1876 and featured remarks by Rabbi George Jacobs of Congregation Beth El Emeth of Philadelphia. According to a newspaper story in the Jewish Messenger, the congregation “was so delighted with the reverend gentleman’s discourses and bearing throughout both the consecration and Sabbath services that they waited upon him in a body at his temporary place of residence on Sabbath afternoon to give official expression to their appreciation and thankfulness.”