Private Events at the Historic Synagogue
Tall arched windows flood the interior with abundant natural light…a sanctuary [with] unfussy lines and clean, elegant proportions…a wrought iron fence and lovely little garden enhance the site… -Jenna Weissman Joselit writing in the Forward
The Lillian & Albert Small Museum is an intimate venue for your Jewish or secular event, offering a rich connection to national and local history. Built in 1876 and restored and rededicated in 1970, the building is in both the National Register of Historic Places and the D.C. Inventory of Historic Sites.
The sanctuary and garden patio make a unique location for your wedding (including interfaith and same-sex), bar/bat mitzvah, brit milah, baby naming, memorial service, reception, reunion, birthday, and other celebrations and gatherings.
- Bar/ bat mitzvah ceremonies may be scheduled for Saturdays, Mondays and Thursdays.
- Weddings may not be scheduled on Fridays or Saturdays.
- Maximum of 85 people
- Renters are responsible for providing all ceremonial objects, including a Torah, and arranging for a rabbinic officiant.
- Evening events may be scheduled only by special arrangement and are subject to additional fees.
- We regret the historic sanctuary is not handicapped-accessible.
$950 - rental up to four hours
$50 - rehearsal up to two hours
Due to area construction, we are accepting building reservations only through August 2015.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 789-0900.