Youth Walking Tours
Downtown Jewish Washington (versions for 4th - 12th grades)
- Students tour former synagogue buildings, Jewish businesses, and homes in the "old Jewish neighborhood" of downtown D.C., now known as Judiciary Square and Chinatown. While this tour no longer includes the interior of the Lillian & Albert Small Jewish Museum, your group will have the unique experience of seeing the historic synagogue being prepared for relocation.
- 60-90 minutes - $136 for up to 20 students; $6/student thereafter
Arlington National Cemetery (versions for 7th - 12th grades)
- Tour sites related to Jewish history and military heroes, including the Confederate Memorial by Sir Moses Ezekiel and the Challenger and Columbia Space Shuttle Memorials.
- 2 hours -- can be lengthened upon request to include the Tomb of the Unknowns and Changing of the Guard
- $250 for up to 25 students -- ask for accommodations for more students
Inquire about pricing if your group requires transportation by Tourmobile within the cemetery.
H Street, NE (versions for 7th - 12th grades)
- Students explore H Street, NE, learning about the immigrant roots and Jewish history of this rapidly changing neighborhood.
- 1 hour - $136 for up to 20 students; $6/student thereafter
For information and reservations, fill out the request form, call (202) 789-0900 or email email@example.com.