Exhibit Image Detail
Photo of Jewish Foster Home kids
1908: The Jewish Foster Home was formed by Minnie Goldsmith (center), Rose Harmel, and Rudolph Behrend. In the first years, children were housed at The Friendly Inn on 6th Street, NW. In 1911, the Foster Home purchased this house at 3213 Q Street in Georgetown. Children received secular education in public schools and Hebrew lessons at the Home.
JHSGW Collections. Gift of Sol Gnatt. 1998.12