Collections: Image Reproductions & Policies
The policies for image reproductions are listed below. You may download the form here:
- Requests for reproduction of materials in the collections of the Jewish Historical Society must be submitted in writing by emailing the Society (firstname.lastname@example.org). All reproductions are the property of the Society and cannot be published without express, written consent from the Society.
- Written requests for reproduction must include a description of the intended use of Society images and a projected date of publication. Permission will be granted for one-time use only for the purpose specified in the written request.
- One complimentary copy of the final publication must be provided to the Society.
- All reproductions must be accompanied by the credit line: Courtesy of the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington. When specified, photographer or collection names must also be included in the credit.
- The Society reserves the right to review any caption or text related to reproductions for fact-checking approval in advance of publication.
- Commercial use or sale of reproductions of Society materials is strictly prohibited without the express, written consent of the Society.
- All negatives created for reproduction of Society materials are the property of the Society and will be retained in the Society’s collections.
- The Society retains the right to publish and to grant permission for others to publish the materials in its collections.
- Copyright restrictions may apply. Under U.S. copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), libraries and archives are not authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction intended “for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- All reproduction and publication fees must be paid in advance. All orders are subject to additional charges for shipping and handling.