12 adult programs including:
- 3 Voices of the Vigil exhibition programs
- 2 walking tours
- 3 speakers bureau
- Laura's 20th anniversary event
- Status of Jewish Ukrainians event
- Trip to Chasing Dreams: Baseball & Becoming American
6 program venues:
- Lillian & Albert Small Jewish Museum
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
- Leisure World of Lansdowne, VA
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Old Town Alexandria
- The George Washington University
Voices of the Vigil
250 attended Maryland debut at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
VIPs included Sen. Ben Cardin, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, and Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett
Created new multimedia concert with musician Robyn Helzner
Published companion exhibition catalog thanks to successful fundraising campaign
Exciting New Partnership
Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington will be indexing data from records documenting life-cycle events (ex. baby-naming, bar/bat mitzvah, wedding).
The resulting listing will be available online.
Research requests from Purdue University, The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, American Humanist Association, New-York Historical Society, Washington Jewish Week, and more.
GRANTS & RECOGNITION
- D.C. Preservation League for public programs about the historic synagogue's architecture
- Marshall B. Coyne Foundation for general operating support
- National Endowment for the Humanities to plan core exhibition in future museum
MEMBERS & DONORS
- 7 new members
- 101 renewals
- 138 donations
Saving synagogue mural at 415 M Street featured in:
- The Forward
- National Trust for Historic Preservation blog
- District Source blog
- Washington Jewish Week
Jewish Food Experience post about community cookbooks reprinted in UJEF newsletter
Laura's 20th anniversary luncheon highlighted in Washington Jewish Week
Voices of the Vigil at JCCGW publicized in:
- The Washington Post
- JCCGW magazine
Charm bracelets from our collection featured in a Forward article by
Dr. Jenna Weissman Joselit.
[Links to most are on our Publicity page]
- 17,000 website visits from 86 countries
- 943 views of YouTube videos
- 72 new Facebook fans and nearing 800 total!
- 150 volunteer hours
- 13 volunteers helped at programs, gave presentations, worked in the archives, and assisted in the office.